Bare Health

Thursday 21 February 2013

Remedy of the week - Mimmulus


I was at the Dentist last week for a routine check-up. Yet I still found myself nervous the week before in anticipation of the appointment coming up.  As my fear and anxiety heightened I remembered a remedy that I had used before to good effect; Mimmulus.  Mimmulus is a Bach Flower remedy and a wonderful remedy to help reduce the fear of known things e.g. fear of exams, the dentist or the dark.  I took 4 drops of the remedy in water, four times a day for the best part of a week leading up to my appointment.  When the day arrived I felt much calmer and managed to walk through the door without my legs shaking or the usual tummy upset (which I have known in the past).
Bach Flower remedies are a range of flower essences made from 38 non-poisonous wild flowers.  Discovered and produced by Dr Bach, a physician and homeopath over 80 years ago, the remedies are something you can buy over the counter at Bare Health.  Rescue Remedy is one of the remedies that most people have heard of and contains five different flowers that can help reduce shock, stress and panic in emergencies.  For some people taking Rescue Remedy before and after the Dentist, if they are required to have a lot of treatment, works really well too.

As I had Mimmulus to hand, then I chose to take a more specific remedy for my fear.  I am pleased to say I did not require any major treatment, but if I had then I would have continued taking the remedy 3 to 4 times a day until my next appointment.  Bach Flower essences work gently to bring balance and equilibrium to our mental and physical distress.  Next time you find yourself with a real known fear of something, try Mimmulus and see how it can help you through a situation.  

If you have a query about Bach Flower remedies or using Homeopathic remedies in acute situations remember I am available at Bare Health on the second Saturday of each month from 10am to 1pm.

Jane Bowdenleigh, LNWCH.  Tel 07740 798595.  www.jbhomeopathy.co.uk
 


No comments:

Post a Comment