Bare Health

Tuesday 28 January 2014

Mind the Gap




How would you rate your state of wellbeing right now?  Talking to a friend recently she said she had never known what it was like to be so happy that she wanted to dance or shout it to the rooftops.  At the weekend I was blessed to attend a Mindfulness workshop with the wonderful Lucinda Drayton who appeared to exude joy for life.  By the end of the day I along with the rest of the workshop participants was letting myself go in song and dance. I feel grateful for my general level of wellbeing and I feel particularly optimistic for the coming year.  Yet I am all too aware that January can be a challenging time of year for many of us.  Only last week the national press was telling us that the third Monday after the New Year is the most depressing day of the year.  It can be for lots of reasons - the good intentions of NewYear resolutions already failed; struggling with debt; recovering from the latest cough or cold or the dark winters days.

Sound familiar or are you ready to shout about your happiness?  Our mental health can be a fragile commodity.  I took my car in for an MOT last week to test it's road worthiness.  I have heard of the
possibility of a body MOT with my GP too.  But when do we ever check over the state of our mental health and wellbeing?

The good news is that an holistic therapist who treats the mind, body, emotions and soul as all one will enable you to review your mental health while at the same time treating physical ailments.  As a Homeopath it is an essential part of how I work and also live my life.  So if I suffer an acute winter bug I ask myself what stresses am I not addressing that have made me susceptible to picking up an illness.  Then should a cough linger - what do I need to get off my chest on an emotional level and I am blocking?  Or if my sinuses remain congested who or what is getting up my nose and needs to be addressed?

I find it essential to ask these literal questions of clients who come to see me.  It can offer them an insight into their behaviour and an opportunity to reflect if they can do things differently in any given situation.  More than anything my aim is to enable others to build awareness of their health on every level.  This can then bring you more in tune when one or more levels is out of balance and needs attention.

Sometimes I need to go and see my own Homeopath to enable me to objectively reflect and gain insight.  At other times with awareness of my mental state I can find an acute remedy to put me back on track.  Acute homeopathic remedies and Bach Flower Essences can be bought over the counter at Bare Health and are accessible to all.  I love to equip my clients with knowledge and understanding to choose remedies for themselves in acute situations.

If that is something that you too would like to be able to do more often and with greater confidence then join me for a fascinating workshop on 22nd February at Bare Health.   The half day will equip you to:

  • Understand the principles for selecting remedies/flower essences
  • Explore dosage in acute conditions
  • Differentiate when to us a homeopathic remedy or a flower essence
  • Learn about putting a homeopathic first aid kit together for home use.
The event is great value at only £25 with a £5 saving for places booked by 7th February 2014.  If you are aware in a gap between your health and wellbeing then taking an holistic approach with homeopathy can make all the difference.  I would love the opportunity to enable you to find out how.

For more information contact Jane Bowdenleigh, experienced Homeopath based at Bare Health in Congleton town centre,  - janebl1@hotmail.co.uk
or call in at Bare Health to book a place - 34 High St, Congleton, CW12 1BD.

No comments:

Post a Comment